The Blue Mountain Evasive and Defensive Driving (EDD) course provides a wide range of advanced driving skills, delivered effectively and safely by highly experienced former police and military instructors. In a number of fast moving and challenging scenarios and conditions, we teach our students how to:
- Recognise and respond to risk and threat
- Provide tactical skills
- Techniques to help mitigate potential attack ambush and hijack – whilst always complying with UK laws.
Please note that any of our driver training courses can incorporate a RoSPA driving assessment (the highest UK driving accreditation). Completion of this award may attract insurance benefits.
As an employer, enhanced driving skills amongst employees will help to lower company insurance costs, reduce fuel and vehicle maintenance costs (as a result of more efficient vehicle control), increase the safety of your employees by reducing the likelihood of them being involved in road traffic accidents and reduce the likelihood of third party claims being made against your company . In addition, this course will help to ensure corporate legal responsibilities are met.
Blue Mountain’s Evasive and Defensive Driving course cost includes:
- Training from our highly experienced Blue Mountain Instructors
- Preparatory reading and reference material
- Blue Mountain certification
- Discussing attitude
- Vehicle preparation
- Introduction to safety guidelines
- Risk assessments
- Handbrake turns
- Fish tailing
- Loss of frontal vision exercises
- Slalom work
- Rotational and ‘push pull’ steering exercises
- Reversing at speed exercises
- Ramming drills
- Skid pan
This one-day course is customised to the client requirements. Students may attend Blue Mountain’s dedicated training facilities or a location to suit the clients’ needs.
Courses quoted on a case by case basis, please contact us with your specific requirements.